The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) have publicly identified an additional 12 soldiers who have tragically lost their lives in confrontations with Palestinian terrorists since the onset of hostilities on October 7. These recent casualties have mostly occurred while defending communities along the Gaza Strip border from Hamas attacks.
The release of these names brings the total number of IDF soldiers who have been killed since the start of the conflict to 257.
The following soldiers are among the latest casualties:
- Col. (res.) Lion Bar, 53, a senior officer from Gedera.
- Cpt. (res.) Avraham Hananel Hindi, 37, from Kfar Aza.
- Warrant Officer (res.) Avraham Fleischer, 63, from Magen.
- First Sgt. Gil Avital, 56, from Yesha.
- Master Sgt. (res.) Aviv Baram, 33, from Kfar Aza.
- Staff Sgt. Itamar Ben Yehuda, 21, a Golani commander from Rehovot.
- Staff Sgt. Daniel Bezgodov, 22, a Nahal soldier from Afula.
- Staff Sgt. Aner Elkim Shapira, 22, from Jerusalem.
- Staff Sgt. Shlomo Rashtnikov, 20, a Golani soldier from Haifa.
- Sgt. Ori Carmi, 20, from Rishon Lezion.
- Sgt. Benjamin Blai, 20, a driver from Rehovot.
- Cpl. Nahman Dekel, 20, a Nahal soldier from Holon.