At Israel Now, we believe that personal stories can change the world. We want to help our readers better understand the news and the world around them, and we know storytelling is essential to our mission. If you want to be a part of Israel Now, here’s how you can pitch to us.
A Israel Now piece is original, authentic, compelling and told in the first person. We feature writers from different backgrounds and identities with distinct voices and points of view writing about a variety of topics. Your story must be exclusive to Israel Now, which means it hasn’t been published anywhere else. If you’ve already pitched it elsewhere, you should let us know.
A good pitch will:
- Briefly summarize your story idea.
- Briefly explain why you’re the right person to write the piece. What’s your relevant expertise or experience?
- Briefly explain why this argument or story matters. What are the stakes here?
- Briefly outline how the piece will start and end. If you have a draft, include it in the body of the email.
- Use a clear, informative headline as the subject line. Specify in the subject line if your pitch is timely.
- Include a short description of your previous writing experience and links to published clips, if relevant.
- Be your own work. We do not accept pitches from PR representatives or agents.
Pitch to us at email@example.com